To issue a credit note manually, in case you need to reverse an invoice partially, or just because you prefer to fill it out manually instead of issuing it directly from the invoice to be reversed automatically, navigate to Tax Management → Invoices/Credit Notes and click the green button in the upper right corner Issue Invoice/Credit Note.
Click on Credit Note in the upper left corner and enter:
- date of issue: the date of issue of the credit note
- student - tutor/responsible person: student in the course or tutor/responsible person associated with it to whom the credit note should be made out.
- customer: in case it is not a credit note for student - tutor/responsible person, enter the name of the school's client, which must be entered into the system in advance by Fiscal Management → Customers/Suppliers
- Invoice object: possible subject of the credit note
- reference: any reference to the order to be included in the credit note
- Additional electronic invoice information: In case of electronic billing, it will be possible to add the following data:
- Purchase order data
- Contract data
- Convention data
- Reception data
- Related invoice data
After that, enter:
- good or service: The name of the good or service sold for which a credit note is being issued(MANDATORY INFORMATION).
- SINGLE PRICE: the unit price of the good or service(MANDATORY INFORMATION).
- Quantity: the quantity of the good or service at the indicated price
- Cost: the total amount of that good and service calculated by the system based on the fields previously filled in
- Tax/VAT: select a VAT rate from those configured in the system
Click the blue icon with the "+" to add any additional rows.
On the bottom line it will be possible:
- leave the credit note as payable, choosing one of the previously entered payment types (click here to read the article on entering payment types)
- leave the credit note as payable, manually entering the new due date
- record the credit note as paid, entering a payment method (click here to read the article on entering additional methods)
Automatic stamp duty, if due: By checking the following option, the system will affix the stamp duty automatically, if due.
Stamp duty: if you do not check the previous checkbox, you will be able to choose to check this checkbox, manually enter the value of the stamp duty, and check the checkbox below to have the stamp duty considered to be due.
Select an account: you will also need to select a business account from those entered in fiscal configuration, or choose the "No account" option (click here to read the article on entering new accounts).(REQUIRED INFORMATION)
Finally, enter any notes related to the credit note in the appropriate field, and click Issue credit note to conclude the transaction.
Once you have issued the credit note manually, then released from an entry order, you will be able to link it to the invoice you intend to reverse. Click here to read how.